Volunteering is a great way to learn more about ferret care, health, medication, and meet some of us crazy ferret people. It's fun, educational and rewarding.
We are looking for volunteers that can come in on a regular schedule.
Call shelter at 708.442.8650 or use the Contact GCFA page to sign up to volunteer or get more information.
At least one “shift” of 2-6 hours on the same day each week is helpful for consistency.
Exercise Time / Cage Cleanings
- Once a day ferrets are placed into the playpens to exercise. While the ferrets are out we
- Clean and refill food dishes
- Clean and refill water bottles
- Clean out the litter box
- Tidy up or replace ferret bedding
When playtime is over we
- Clean out the playpens with disinfectant
- Put the playpen toys into the sink and wash them
- Put new toys into the playpens
T-shirts and jeans are appropriate. Do not wear anything that you would not be okay with getting somewhat dirty. Closed-toe shoes are also highly recommended.